Thursday, April 15, 2010

Assignment #7-Numbers



I had a multiplication picture already but I did two things differently in this one. I added tooth pics as the multiplication symbol instead of the middle of the table. I also did not use symbols in the other picture. In this picture the fruit loops form the literal numbers 8 and 9. In the other shot I used the quantity of something to show 2 x 3.



This is the column that my mail box is on. I love the old look of the numbers. The nails as well as the metal look old and rusty adding to the quality of the picture. I did not add all of both numbers to make the picture look better but I am starting to wish that I had shot all of the number to get the whole picture. The shadows that came from adding blacks look really good creeping around the numbers.



You can look at this picture in two ways. One ways is that the space around the crums literally is a zero. The second way is that their is NONE left. The cookie or circular object was eaten and there is zero of it left. I choose this one over another similar picture where the crumbs just mad it look like there was nothing left. I chose this one because it gives you the two ways of representing zero.



I like how the back of this car is some what dirty. It gets the viewer to notice the focus and look farther into the picture. It was hard to focus without having the c in the picture but the c only adds to the quality of the picture in my opinion. I also used the spot remover tool in this image and it worked so well I can hardly tell where I took it away. Try to find the edited spot I dare you.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjqVV_FseFVslvqtsQBqzvkPqqD77MYPnyLzE_y1txDLKoTSaYGsXkoI92f3rABAbq7ytwe9Iea_OWexGc4J8swg2stZhTx5DMYxvz6-hlAn50BTsDO9KsbED2almtDTx2ZKc_LF-fU6iSP/s1600/10.jpg">

This picture was hard to edit after I took it. I wanted more blacks in the picture but the stone would not change with the vine so the vine became very very dark very very quick. Taking the picture was frustrating because my dog would keep stepping in front of the tripod and ruining the ten. I finally composed it and I think it turned out well.



This picture was a fun one. Just as I was finishing dinner I saw the oil separate from the vinegar. I mixed around the remnants of my plate added some more vinegar and then spelled 70 with the oil. After adding some blacks I think that this image turned out great. The oil on top of the vinegar looks really good. I only wish that it was easier to tell that the number is a 70.



This picture is very well focused. The reason I like it so much is because of the detail you get from the mud. It is like sand, it has a ton of tiny pebbles that make up the mud. If you zoom in you can see the water going through it. The second reason I like it is the water filling up the 2. It has a tiny reflection in it that makes the overall picture look good. I added more blacks to this image which overall did not change the picture other than inside the number.



This is one of my favorites from this assignment. All of the snow was melting forming a puddle in my backyard. I got food coloring and did and abstract 14. It turned out really we. The food coloring started as little dots but they come together to make the 14. It was hard for me to judge how much black to put into this picture. It was extremely flat when I took it. I think that the picture could use more black but if I added any more black the picture was not natural. If I added any more I would have been tinkering with it to much.



I like this picture because you can obviously tell that they are pennies and a nickel. If that was not clear the picture would not work. The focus is good and I think after I added some black the picture is so much better. Before it was very flat and know the blacks go well with the coins. If you look at the picture diagonally the black in the bottom left corner move into light in the top right corner. It shifts from blacks to whites and that adds a special zing to the picture.



I was not sure about this picture at first. I took it and liked the focus/composure but I was not sure if it was clear enough. It ended up one of my best pictures of this assignment. The crease where two tables come together served as a good multiplication symbol. It was funny/hard to shoot this picture because my nephew wanted the candy that I was using in my picture.

This assignment was very very frustrating at first. I hated it and was having a hard time coming up with ideas. After shooting ten pictures in one hour and a half I decided just to quit for the night. After Mr. Slade told me to keep it simple the assignment was so much easier. I shot all of my good ideas and then just filled in the other numbers I had not shot yet. In the end this assignment turned out to be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment