Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Assignment #8-reshoot



Last time I shot this assignment I did not take many vertical pictures. All of my pictures were horizontal and I don't think I fulfilled the purpose of this assignment. I did not get the point of views that I wanted. This is the first set of bracketed images that I shot for this assignment. The picture gives the viewer a vertical point of view instead of the average get on your belly shot.



This picture also shows a vertical point of view. I put the rake over the camera to get the feeling of being trapped. The rake looks like prison bars keeping you from the trees. Overall the picture accomplishes what I wanted and that was to get a vertical as well as horizontal point of view.



This was the picture of my dog take 2. On the previous on your belly assignment I shot my dogs paws and it turned out to be a really good picture. I wanted to do the same thing but get my dogs head in it this time. The picture focused on my dogs neck because I got so close but I think it turned out well. I wish I had not cropped his head so much.



There is a weird tree in my front yard. It has a bunch of small strings hanging off of the branches. I got right under it to get a vertical point of view. The strings did not show up very prominently but I think the picture turned out well.



I think this should be one of the shots for my high key assignment. Reshooting get on your belly made me see things I could have done for my other assignments. In my last get on your belly assignment I had a similar picture of a fan but I had the fan moving so in this won I left the fan still. I tried to improve some of the pictures I took during the 1st get on your belly.



If I were to name this picture it would be "The last thing the leaf see's" This picture did not get as vertical as my others but I still included it. I enjoy the way the grass is coming through the rake. I know, this picture is darker that I would like it but I shot it on a cloudy day and I did not want to make it look fake.



This one is one of my favorites for this assignment. I took this shot underneath a sofa in my living room. My idea was to take a picture like the one Na shot of the library shelves. As I was doing that I noticed this shot. I had to clean up some things in the background before I took the picture. I was worried that I had to much of the floor in this shot but I think it was a good balance.



This is also one of my favorites for this assignment. These candal holders are hanging off of my wall and the light is also. This picture gets very vertical and I think the very black cases go well with the white light and ceiling. My only frustration with this shot was that I had to edit out a black spot from another candal thing. I was able to get it out of the picture but I could have noticed the thing while I was shooting.



I like the angle that this picture was shot at. The side walk I am on is slanted which bugged me at first but when I looked at the shot in light room in grew on me. Part of me wanted a long exposure but it was still to light outside even with the clouds. The blurred car still turned out well.



This picture was hard to judge how much blacks I could put in. The sky was blown out if I increased the exposure a little bit so I did not raise the exposure to much. My goal was to add enough blacks so that the contrast was good but also so that you could still see detail on the leaves. This is a very simple picture but I like how much sky there is corresponding to how many leaves there are. I also think that having only one type of tree in the picture looks better than if I jumbled it all up.

In this assignment I learned how to get vertical as well as horizontal. I was trying to think of the Simpsons as I shot this. I wanted to get different angles instead of your typical on your belly shot. I am not the most artistic person and photo is very difficult for me but it has made me see and think about things that I never did before. And even though Im not shooting I can see certain situations that would make good pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I think these are nicely composed photographs. I live in a big city and have seen various professional photographers and I think these are comparable in artistic view and composition. I think you deserve an A if you are getting graded on these.

    ReplyDelete